Jamal's LLC (“jamal's.com”) respects intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to honor the same. jamal's takes a serious stance in dealing with intellectual property infringement claims. It also relies on the cooperation of intellectual property rights owners. Intellectual Property Right (“IPR”) Protection Policy
1. Faces and Similarities
Any products that contain similarities, signature, name, image or other unequivocal aspects of any person are prohibited unless approved by the person whose information is being used.
2. Counterfeit Items and Replicas
- 2.1 Any item that is a non-licensed replica or a counterfeit, such as counterfeit designer watches, shoes, bags, and garments is strictly prohibited to be advertised on the site, jamal's.
- 2.2 Items that contain names or logo of a company can only be sold by the original manufacturer. A product that did not originate and is not endorsed by the company is prohibited on the site.
- 2.3 A branded product may be sold if the seller has a permit; a certificate of authorization from the brand owner is necessary.
- 2.4 Any products that are not authorized, are replicas and counterfeits, will not be entertained on jamal's. Such product posting will be subject to removal by jamal's.com. If such posts are repeated, it will result in an immediate suspension of the membership of the account.
- a. Academic software is any software that is sold at a discounted price to students, teachers and employees of accredited learning institutions.
- b. Any listings of academic software must be authorized. Any post that violates the academic software policy of jamal's is subject to deletion prior to publication.
- c. jamal's must be provided with the certificate of authorization issued by the authorized educational reseller or the institution, if any posts of academic software are to be made on behalf of the authorized educational reseller or the institution. It is required to state the license conspicuously in the listings.
- a. “OEM” or “bundled” copies of software are only allowed to be listen on jamal's if they are sold with computer hardware.
- i. OEM, Original Equipment Manufacturer, and bundles copies of software are obtained when a new computer is purchased. The software licenses usually prohibit the purchaser from reselling the OEM or bundled software with the computer or without any computer hardware.
3.1 Academic Software
3.2 OEM Software
4. Unauthorized Copies of Intellectual Property
Unauthorized (pirated, bootleg, duplicated, etc.) copies of protected work such as video games, photographs, software programs, movies etc. is prohibited to be listed or sold on jamal's.com
5. Repeat violations of our IPR policy may result in a range of actions, including without limitation to:
- a. Removal of listings
- b. Posting restrictions
- c. Account suspension
- d. Termination of membership service agreement
- For enforcement actions, please visit: Actions
- For information on intellectual property right infringement claims, please visit: Claims
- For further information of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Protection Policy, please contact legal department.
- jamal's.com has the full discretion to take enforcement action at any given moment for certain extreme/conspicuous situations, such as but not limited to, where litigation has already been initiated by intellectual property rights holder.
- Important: the intellectual property rights shall be updated on a continual basis and should not be considered exhaustive. if there is any uncertainty, legality or appropriateness in question, regarding if a product is allowed to be listed on the site, please contact our customer support.